Training and Racing with a Power Meter brings the advanced power-based training techniques of elite cyclists and triathletes to everyone.
A power meter can unlock more speed and endurance than any other training tool—but only if you understand the data. This new third edition of Training and Racing with a Power Meter updates the comprehensive guide that was last published almost 10 years ago. Using this updated guide, any rider can exploit the incredible usefulness of any power meter.
Pioneering cycling coach Hunter Allen and exercise physiologists Dr. Andy Coggan and Dr. Stephen McGregor show how to use a power meter to find your baseline power data, profile your strengths and weakness, measure fitness and fatigue, optimize your daily workouts, peak for races, and set and adjust your racing strategy during a race.
New in this third edition:
- All-new power metrics: FRC, Pmax, mFTP, Power Duration Curve, and more
- Two new power-based training plans for masters cyclists and triathletes
- New training plans to raise Functional Threshold Power
- Over 100 new power-based workouts
- New guidance for triathletes on pacing the bike and run
- New case studies on masters cyclists and triathletes
- Methods to test power duration and pinpoint weaknesses in a variety of race distances
- 100 newly illustrated charts
Training and Racing with a Power Meter, 3rd Ed. is the definitive, comprehensive guide to using a power meter. Armed with the revolutionary techniques from this guide, cyclists and triathletes can achieve lasting improvements and their best performances ever.
See excerpts from Training & Racing with a Power Meter.
Training and Racing with a Power Meter, 3rd Ed.
Hunter Allen, Andy Coggan, PhD, and Stephen McGregor, PhD
Paperback. 2-color interior with charts and tables throughout.
We are working with our partners at VeloPress. All Book orders will ship to you within a week via free standard shipping and should arrive within 2 weeks.